Emergency Eye Care Overview
If you have unexplained eye pain or an unexpected eye injury, it can be very scary. Getting around with one or both eyes compromised is also difficult. If you are having an eye emergency it is best to get the issue checked out as soon as possible, so that you are less likely to have long-lasting effects.
If you are seeking a Sacramento optometrist for emergency eye care, then stop by Arena Eye Care Optometry. Our team is here for you, whenever emergency strikes.
Emergency Eye Care
Arena Eye Care Optometry offers a range of optometry services, including emergency eye care. There are many reasons you may need emergency eye care. Here are just a few reasons you may need help:
- Foreign Body: If you have a foreign body in your eye, then this needs to be addressed immediately, regardless of if the foreign body is small (such as a splinter or sand) or large. Our Sacramento optometrist will be able to assist you in removing the foreign body, as well as determine whether assistance from a trained surgeon is necessary.
- Eye Injury: If you have an eye injury, it is a good idea to get it checked out by an optometrist. If you are hit in the eye or your eye gets scratched, then you should see an optometrist for emergency eye care.
- Chemicals in the Eye: The first thing you should do if you spill chemicals in your eye is to rinse them out thoroughly, possibly for up to 30 minutes. Once you finish rinsing out your eyes, come to our optometrist for emergency eye care.
- Glaucoma: You have probably heard of and know someone with glaucoma since it is such a common eye disease. The reason glaucoma is something to get checked out immediately is glaucoma can lead to blindness. If it’s the type that causes you to feel pressure or pain in your eye, the permanent damage can be done quickly. It is the result of a change in pressure within the eye. Any change in pressure behind the eye should be checked out by an optometrist, to ensure no further damage is done.
- Blown Pupil: If your pupil loses its shape, you may be suffering from a blown pupil. This may present as a teardrop or elliptical shape and may indicate a much larger problem. If your pupil is suddenly misshapen, see an optometrist immediately.
- Orbital Cellulitis: Orbital cellulitis is a serious eye infection. If you experience eye symptoms, such as redness and swelling around the eye, and possibly not being able to open it, then see an optometrist immediately for emergency eye care, especially if you are also running a fever.
- Inflammation: There are many causes of inflammation in and around the eye. Some can be quite serious and can be associated with auto-immune disease. Inflammation is commonly associated with pain and light sensitivity.
Visit our Sacramento Optometrist for Emergency Eye Care
If you are in the Sacramento, CA, area and need emergency eye care, then do not hesitate to contact us at Arena Eye Care Optometry. Dr. Krister L. Holmberg and Dr. Shephali Patel are happy to help. Please call us at (916) 419-8167 for help today.